I’m not sure how to start this so, Hi, it’s been awhile… a long while. I have been meaning to blog, but then just don’t. Honestly when ever I try to post I just can’t. I feel like I’m either bragging or whining, even now I feel like I’m bragging because I own and read (why is the past tense and present tense spelled the same way?) all these books. Though I think most of these came from goodwill or a second hand bookstore.
Anyways, I want to blog more so books, because I love reading. I’ll leave a link to the book on Goodreads, and in the order I read them.
- Legendary – I didn’t finish this one… I was kind of into it but not really. I wasn’t in to Caraval. Oh yeah Legendary is the sequel of Caraval and there suppose to be 3rd book out soon. I can get why people like it. I just… Eh.
- Aesop’s Fables– This was a neat read. Most fable were about one page if that. The longest is 4-ish pages. It was a fun short read. I gave it 4/5 stars.
Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 (The Royal Diaries)– This is part of a Dear Americans spin of series, which I just learned existed. I love these type of books, It a more interesting way to learn about history (if you’re into journal-type books). It’s about Anastasia’s life starting from 12 or 14 until 17 when she and her family move to the house they were executed in. It’s based off the historical events, though I’m not sure how accurate it is. The whole thing is fascinating, especially the aftermath. Why did people think Anastasia survival? That not what the book is about though. It was a good read. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- The ABC Murders– This is 13th book of Hercule Poirot. … I love Agatha Christe’s books. She’s called the Queen of Mystery for a reason. I don’t know how to talk about this without spoiling it. This is the 3rd book I read by her. I think part of the reason why I love these books, is because they remind me of the mystery novels that read as a kid. Plus there are unexpected plot twist in the her stories. You think it’s one suspect but it was someone else. Highly recommend. 5/5 stars.
- As Old As Time– The third book in the Twisted Tale series, though you don’t have read them in order. Based on Disney’s 1991 Beauty and The Beast, I really wish this was the live action movie we got. So basically the Enchantress is Bella’s mom, and cursed Beast when he was 10. So the first part is switching back and forth (like each chapter) Between Bella before touching the rose, and her parents pre-beast-curse. Bella touch the rose, remembers her mom and the rose get dusted… So then it a race against time to get Beast and everyone in the castle uncurse. I recommend it if you like fairy-tale retellings. 4.5/5 stars
- The Magician & The Sorceress– The 2nd and 3rd book in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. I can’t talk to much about the plot as it is the 2nd and 3rd book, but I am enjoying it. I think my favorite part of it is the mythology, Greek, Roman, Egyptian and even some King Arthur legends going on. There’s also vampires. Don’t worry there’s no romance, the twins are 15. There probably more that I miss but I’m not an expert. There also some famous historical people like Nicholas Flamel and his wife. Their interesting. Once I finish the series I let you guys know what I think. I gave both books 4/5 stairs.
The Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories– Another Agatha Christie book, this time a collection of short stories. I wasn’t keeping track of how many there is but i think it 5-10 roughly. I enjoyed it. The last short story was a Hercule Poirot mystery. I gave it 4/5 stars.
- The Unexpected Everything – This is a YA contemporary. It’s mostly a romance, but I do enjoy one now and then. It was a good read. Basically it about a girl who walks dogs for summer because her plans fell through and she meets a guy that she dates for more than 3 weeks. My main complaint is that the chapters are long. There’s 20 chapters and 519 pages. The chapters could have been shorter. I gave it 3/5 stars.
- Girl, Wash Your Face – This is a self help book… and i honestly don’t remember much. I think it did have good advice here and there, but maybe because I’m a fast reader or read so many books, I can’t remember. I did give this 4/5 stars, but now I give a 3/5.
- Looking for Alaska – I couldn’t get into this at all. The only John Green book I like was The Fault in Our Stars. I don’t know I’m just not into that type of story anymore.
Kristina: The Girl King, Sweden, 1638 – This was interesting, because I didn’t know Sweden had a female king. Yes, a female king, that’s a funny story. This is also A Royal Dairies book. I don’t much to say about this. I gave this 3/5 stars.
- Thief of Time– My first Discworld book. It was a fun read. It’s one of Death’s novels. The plot is some people are trying to build a glass clock to stop Time, while Susan (Death’s granddaughter) has to find Time’s son. There’s are funny moments, and I can’t wait to read more Discworld. I gave this 4.5/5 stars.
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd– Even if you go into an Agatha Christie book trying to figure out who did it, you still won’t know. The twist in this was very surprising to me. Mostly because it won’t have crossed my mind. I know I have read a Sim-lit murder mansion with a similar twist, but I can’t remember the name of it. This woman has died and Roger Ackroyd has a letter from with the name of her blackmailer, which go missing when he is murder. This is 4th Hercule Poirot book. I gave it 5/5 stars.
- Banana Cream Pie Murder– Honestly, the title of this is the main reason I got it. It’s just a funny title. It was nice to read a more realistic murder mystery. But I did have some issues. I get that Hannah has a life outside solving mysteries. She runs a bakery, she just got back from her honeymoon and is adjusting to the married life etc. But it felt like it took awhile to get to the detective part. A prolong for the murder and nine chapters later, Hannah gets to work on solving the case. Once that happened, I was getting into it. But my other issue is the recipes. I didn’t mind them being in there and they’re at the end of the chapters they appear in. There is a glossary at end to find them, but why not just put the recipes at the end in the order that they appear in? That way it won’t interrupter the story, and people who wanted the recipes could just flip to the back. This book is the 21st Hannah Swensen book. I gave it 3/5 stars.
13 books not include the 2 I DNF. I think I burnt myself out a bit. At least my TBR shelve isn’t as filled. And I’m going to end this here.
So The weather here has been whacked. By that I mean it was feeling like summer for a week or so, now it’s winter. We had to put our baby chicks in the house because we have nowhere else to put them. They are already smelling the place up. and knocking their food and water containers over.
In other news: Horse wearing a hat.
That is all.
Ok but that’s hilarious and gold! Also you can get the sims 2 for the DS. and castaway. so that’s neat. I have played The sims 2 on the pc when I was like 8.
I had clue what I was doing. I ended up killing the sim because I was build my dream house and spent all the money i had it. But it didn’t have the essentials. So my sim died. The Grim Reaper scared me. And I never played again.
Come to think about it, the Sims 2 Grim Reaper still looks creepy. S3GR looks creepy too but not like the S2GR. S4GR isn’t, it’s just kinda goofy in a way.
Then again a lot things tend to get tone down. And not just in the sims case either. Kinda sad.
Can’t wait for Stardew Valley Multiplayer though… and hats on horses. :3
So I just saw on the sims forum that a new stuff pack OK whatever.. let’s take look.
Are they … I can’t even figure out how to word this. What the heck?!
Just Look AT IT!
I can’t even. just why??? Who thought would be a great idea to leave stuff OUT of an EXPANSION Pack????! Also the name of the pack: My First Pet Stuff. My FIRST pet stuff.
“First” What are they going to try and make a second one?!
I don’t know how to feel about this. I… Thinking about made me realize I wouldn’t even want this. I was just so shock about how obvious this cash grab is. I’m just reading the comments on youtube and on the forum and wow. One of the youtube comments was like “You guys were complain about not having small pets in cats and dogs, now this comes out and you’re still complaining.” Well, that was gist of it. But That’s not the point.
The point is that in order to use it in full is that you have to own Cats and Dogs. There’s “new” clothing for the pets. (I say “new” because the clothing look similar to stuff you can for sims) But to get the pets you to buy (which is normal for the sims games.) for 40$ or 20$ seeing how it just so happens to be on sale for most of it’s release thus far. But then the stuff pack is 10$ which add hamster and reskin creatures of the same type, well it’s a stuff, and I mention pet clothing but if you don’t have they you can’t use those, some furniture, but some might be for pets or just redone to look new, and maybe some new clothes for sims maybe, Idk.
But do you see my issue with it?! If they had made a small pets/animal stuff pack with just that, I don’t think people would be complain. Heck they could have add birds (well certain types) in Jungle Adventure game pack. I mean it’s better than this. (Then again the game packs are the better part of the sims 4.)
My point is what were they thinking?! In total you’re spend 30/50$ to “Complete” cats and dogs. Had they made a small pet stuff pack with just and nothing to add to cats and dogs, it would have been a better idea and not as much complaining.
Like I said I don’t want this pack. There is nothing in it for me. I don’t put clothes on pets and I don’t hamsters/whatever the other 3 reskins are, or fish coffin coffee table (no offense to those who do assume that does have fish in it.).
So this year I decided to take part in inktober this year. I’m trying to stick to the prompts as best as I can.
- Anklet of the Wind- Terraria
- Butterscotch and cinnamon pie- Undertale
- Neptune’s shell- Terraria
- Lesser Dog- Undertale- I’m not to happy with the face.
- Galaxy Sword- Stardew Valley
- Mystic Ocarina- World’s Dawn
- Arrowhead- Stardew Valley
- Kuro- Ori and the Blind Forest-I messed up the wings. The paper can’t ink wash.
Anyways I’m planning on doing a flip through of the sketchbook on my youtube channel. I want to be an artist. I know my skill isn’t where it needs to be, but I’m working on getting my skill to where it needs to be.
There is this website that I found through Reddit call drawabox. It a good starting point. I have varies books on different things, like watercolor, anatomy, etc. So yeah.
Edit: I just realized I left out day 3, I will post as soon as possible.
I don’t know why but I woke up this morning remember this game I use to play when I was younger.
It was PC game where you were a vet and had to take care of animals. You were like on this ranch… in a small town (I think it was small) There was rabbit, dogs,cats, guinea pigs (? (or was hamsters?)), and horses. I was actually mentally seeing it. So I did some research and found it on Steam. It’s call Paws & Claws: Pet Vet. Now I want play because nostalgic.
Now if only there was a Sims 2 digital copy, I could buy. So funny story: My first and last Sim on the Sims 2 was my simself (I think). So I was like 8 and didn’t how to play. I think I was trying to build a house and ran out of money. The sim dies and the grim reaper shows up. It scared me so bad that never played it again. XD It wasn’t until I was watching Ihascupquake when she started playing the Sims 3, That I got back into it.
I regret not keeping that Sims 2 copy.
-Dg out! ❤
My roses normal don’t look so bad. XD
I’ll get use to this.
I get my drawing tablet. YAY! Finally! After 50 years… or just a few weeks. But yeah I’m happy. I also been doing better at keeping up with my work so after I get my math test I can mess around with once it comes in.
On to a random story the happen yesterday that involves my math teacher. So Because I’m virtual schooled, We have to do a require DBA. It’s basically where you talk to your teacher on the phone. Anyways, I called her around 2:00 PM-ish and got the answering message or voicemail, which ever cell phones have. So I waited and waited. Soon Jay (My little Bro) got done with his work for the day and wanted to play Terraria. So I’m like OK, The teacher may call but whatever.
Then when I was placing mud blocks outside our base to make a Mushroom Biome, I find this guy laying on ground under the fake Corruption box Biome, we made. Turns Out, it’s the Tavernkeeper. So then Jay and me found about the Old mans army and to fight it. So we built a sky platform. Then the goblin Army spawned and it was time to eat. so we logged off.
Then when we got back, we still to fight goblin army. Then in the middle of it the teacher called. SO I had to hide in a respawn area we made under a battle arena, while doing my DBA. I couldn’t log off because I was hosting it. So I got my DBA done and Jay finished the goblin army by himself.
Also In case anyone was wondering what drawing tablet I got, it a Huion H420 USB Graphic Drawing Tablet.
I think I have ramble on for long enough, so I’ll end this here.
-Dg out! ❤